Wed, 19 Apr|
Kingston Hill Campus
Venepuncture for non-registered beginners
Phlebotomy Training Trainer: Francina Hyatt
Time & Location
19 Apr 2023, 09:30 – 16:00
Kingston Hill Campus , Kingston Hill, Kingston upon Thames KT2 7LB, UK
About the event
Kingston Hill, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey, KT2 7LB 02084179000
Travel directions: by train and bus
• After taking the train from London Waterloo to Kingston, exit the railway station and cross the pedestrian crossing towards The Blue Hawaii restaurant.
• Walk up Cromwell Road to the bus station.
• Take the 85 or K3 bus. Ask for Kingston University, Kingston Hill campus.
• Get off at the stop after St Anne's Catholic Church.
Alternatively, take the Kingston University bus (term time only) to the Kingston Hill
or Roehampton Vale campuses. It passes the Cromwell Road bus stop roughly every 20 minutes (look for stop A2). You may need to request the bus to stop. Tell the driver which campus you need.
You can also take the train to Norbiton station and take the K3 bus from stop NB. Get off at the stop named “Kingston University”.
Please check www.tfl.gov.uk in advance for any delays to your route.
Travel directions: by car
We recommend that you check up-to-date travel information for details of any road
works affecting the area. You can find helpful links on our website.
From the North:
• Take the M1 to junction 6a (M25) and then the M25 to junction 13 (A30).
• Follow the A30 to the A308.
• Take the A308 to the Hampton Court roundabout and turn right (signposted 'Guildford, A3, A309').
• Follow the A309 until it merges with the A3 (signposted 'A3 London').
• Exit the A3 at the Robin Hood roundabout (signposted 'A308 Kingston').
• The Kingston Hill campus is less than a mile from this exit - on the left, just before brow of hill.
From the South:
• Take the M25 to junction 9 (A243).
• Follow the A243 to the junction with the A3 at Hook roundabout.
• Take the A3 (signposted 'A3 London').
• Follow the directions from the A3 as above.
• Take the A3 from London and then follow the directions from that point as above.
The intended learning outcomes are below for the session
Aim:To enable the practitioner to gain underpinning knowledge towards developing competence in the skill of venepuncture.
Outcomes:On completion of this guided study the
Practitioner will be able to:
Discuss professional issues relating to:
Identify the veins in the forearm that are suitable for venepuncture.
Identify, assemble and use the equipment required.
Identify possible contraindications for venepuncture.
Describe the steps required to maintain safety and meet the needs of the patient before, during and following venepuncture.
Describe the factors to consider when choosing a vein.
Discuss how these procedures should be documented.