Thu, 08 Jun|
Online 2 Dates Available
Time & Location
08 Jun 2023, 10:00 – 12:30
About the event
The course will last 3 hours using a secure online conferencing platform such as Zoom or Teams.
Anyone working with vulnerable people, in contact with high-risk groups or simply wanting to know how to have a conversation with someone who they think may be having thoughts of suicide can attend.
This includes those who support children and young adults, patients, colleagues and family members.
The workshop is interactive, makes use of film clips, breakout-rooms, discussions and presentation slides as well as an introduction to the Zero Suicide Alliance 20-minute course which can be shared amongst colleagues, family & friends.
• What is mental health?
• Challenging the misconceptions and stigma surrounding suicide
• Factors which affect suicidal thoughts
• Warning signs of suicidal behaviour
• How to support someone in crisis
• Additional support to someone who has had suicidal thoughts
• List of local and national resources We limit the number attending to 20 to ensure learners are supported throughout the session. Please ensure you have a quiet space to join the session. A webcam is recommended.